Awards and Recognitions
- 2009 Certificate of Appreciation – For your dedicated efforts. You are an inspiration to others. Participant of the Newhall Community Center & Children's Safety Fair. Julie Calderon, Community Center Supervisor, Susie Cordova, Community Center Coordinator.
- 2008 Certificate – You Make The Difference – For your hard work and participation in our Second Annual Community Health Fair – by Hope Horner, Community Services Administrator and Serain Garcia, Community Center Supervisor.
- 4/7/2008 City of Simi Valley – Proclamation Fair Housing Month – in the City of Simi Valley to encourage all citizens and civic organizations to continue to support the principles of the Fair Housing Act. – Paul Miller, Mayor
- 4/14/2007 Certificate of Appreciation presented to Fair Housing Council of San Fernando Valley For Your Commitment to Making the 2007 Community Health Fair a Success. By Hope Horner, Community Services Administrator and Serain Garcia, Community Center Supervisor.
- 4/4/2006 City of Burbank – Proclamation – proclaimed April 2006 as Fair Housing Month and encourage all residents of the City of Burbank to learn about their rights and responsibilities under the Fair Housing Act and to continue to combat housing discrimination. By Jef Vander Borght, Mayor of the City of Burbank.
- 4/3/2006 City of Simi Valley – Proclamation Fair Housing Month – in the City of Simi Valley to encourage the people of this community to join with the City in reaffirming their obligation and commitment to Fair Housing Opportunities for all.
- 4/5/2005 County of Los Angeles – the Board of Supervisors of the County of Los Angeles proclaimed April 2005 as Fair Housing Month in order to recognize the value and importance of the rights guaranteed under the act, and its amendments, and commits to the furtherance of its goals and ideals throughout the year.
- 2005 California Legislature Assembly Certificate of Recognition to Diana Bruno from and the Honorable Cindy Montanez 39th Assembly District
- 2004 County of Los Angeles Commendation – 45th Anniversary – dedicated service to the affairs of the community and for the civic pride demonstrated by numerous contributions for the benefit of all the citizens of the Los Angeles County signed by Zev Yaroslavsky, Supervisor Third District, and Michael D. Antonovich, Supervisor, Fifth District.
- 2001 Recognition plaque from Palmdale Chamber of Commerce – member since 1996.
- 2000 (Plaque) Sincere Congratulations, the City of Los Angeles hereby joins in the celebration of your 40th anniversary. The innumerable changes your organization has brought about throughout the years have profoundly affected the lives of many families here and throughout the United States.
- 1999 Certificate of Appreciation to SFVFHC - recognition of your contribution and services to senior citizens in the City of Simi Valley on this occasion of the 15th Anniversary of the Simi Valley Senior Citizens Center.
- 1984 Recognition plaque for 24 years of outstanding and dedicated community service San Fernando Valley NAACP form President Jose DeSosa.
- 1977 (Plaque) Mayor’s Certificate of Appreciation – As Mayor of the City of Los Angeles, I am pleased to recognize the outstanding activities of the SFVFHC . The Mayors Certificate of Appreciation is awarded to your organization for outstanding efforts and accomplishments which have been of great benefit to your community and particularly to the City of Los Angeles.
- 1963 Award of Merit for Outstanding Achievement & Community Service presented by Pacoima Emancipation Centennial Committee.